Are you thinking about building your own chicken coops and raising chickens in your own backyard? This idea is becoming more and more popular because people want more organic foods and to also cut down on the cost of their grocery bill. Here are six reasons why you would consider raising your own chickens.
1. You will always have fresh organic eggs each and every day. You don’t have to make a trip to the grocery store to buy eggs. Besides fresh eggs taste better than store bought eggs and you know exactly where they came from. You will definitely see a difference especially when you are using eggs in recipes. The eggs make omelets and casseroles fluffier. It could be your “secret ingredient” and they never have to know how you made it fluffier.
2. You have built in weed control and pest control. Chickens love to eat weeds and those pesky little bugs like mosquitoes and bugs that can harm your grass and gardens. So once a week just let them roam the yard. They will zap those bugs and weeds right out of your yard and gardens. They will love the exercise and freedom too.
3. You get free fertilizer! Did you know that chickens produce a much richer fertilizer for your lawn and garden than do horses and cows? Recycle your food scraps to them, they absolutely love them just be careful what you feed them. So guard that chicken poop with your life and use it in your gardening and watch your plants grow.
4. It’s a whole lot healthier to raise your own chickens. When you go to the store and buy eggs, do you know exactly where they came from and what conditions they were raised in? Do you know that chickens are fed hormones and antibiotics so that they can grow faster and produce more eggs? This is not the way they were intended to be raised. When we eat these chickens or eat their eggs we eat all that bad stuff. That is why we have health problems. Of course we can buy organic or “cage free” eggs, but they will cost a lot more.
5. What will you do with all those eggs? Keep what you need and sell the rest. Your neighbors would love to have farm fresh eggs right in their neighborhood. Small restaurant owners look to buy local and would love to buy from you. Use the money you earn to buy chicken feed and supplies and soon you won’t be spending any of your money raising your chickens.
6. And last but not least, people love chickens and they are great for children as well. Raising chickens can be a very educational lesson not only for you but your children and family as well. It will teach them important morals and how to care for them.
So what are you waiting for? Are you ready to jump in and start? Building your own chicken coops and raising chickens could be one of the best decisions you’ll make.
Yes! I Want Chicken Coop Building Tips
Send Me My Free “Chicken Coop Building Tips” Email Course Today!
You Will Receive the First Lesson in Your Inbox Immediately.
100% Spam Free! I Value Your Email Privacy. You may unsubscribe at anytime.